Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Sparramanga
Frequent Visitor

Upgrade workspace from Pro to Premium per User - APP Access

Hi,

I have created a power bi app which has one report. 

The dataset and report is contained in a pro workspace and therefore the app is also under the pro license.

If i edit the workspace to upgrade it to Premium per User will this affect users being able to access the app?

I have previously sent out a web link to the app for many users in the organisation and wanted to confirm that this link will still work if i change the workspace the app is shoused in to PPU.

Thanks,

R

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sparramanga ,

1. If you upgrade Workspace from Pro to PPU, all the user need PPU license to access this workspace and the content from this PPU workspace

2. Only when Workspace is hosted in P SKU Premium Capacity allow free user to access

vbinbinyumsft_0-1675738093854.png

For more details, you can read related document: Power BI Premium Per User - Power BI | Microsoft Learn , 

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sparramanga ,

1. If you upgrade Workspace from Pro to PPU, all the user need PPU license to access this workspace and the content from this PPU workspace

2. Only when Workspace is hosted in P SKU Premium Capacity allow free user to access

vbinbinyumsft_0-1675738093854.png

For more details, you can read related document: Power BI Premium Per User - Power BI | Microsoft Learn , 

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

R1k91
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

no, free license aren't allowed to access a PPU workspaces.

free license are allowed to access a Premium per capacity workspace.

Sparramanga
Frequent Visitor

ah ok thanks for the reply.. i thought i had read somewhere that having PPU capacity for the app would allow wider access.. so currently all users accessing it are pro licenses but thoughtmaking it PPU would also allow free licenses?

R1k91
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

if dataset and report are both in a PPU workspace all user accessing the app will need PPU.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors