Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Hoping
Helper II
Helper II

Updating App on Service

Does updating semantic model on scheduled refresh update the reports in the App automatically ?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Jonvoge
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi Hoping

If the Semantic Model is refreshed and is updated with new data, this data will automatically flow into your Workspace App without additional updating. 

Only if you need to create additional visualisations or measures, and hence make changes to the visuals in your reports, you will need to Update the App yourself after updating the report.

View solution in original post

v-jianpeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Hoping 

In Power BI Service, there's a small button for report refresh, as shown in the following image:

vjianpengmsft_0-1710225173956.png

vjianpengmsft_1-1710225208807.png

In dashboard: 

vjianpengmsft_4-1710226014296.png

vjianpengmsft_5-1710226069853.png

In addition, you may need to update your app in Workspace to ensure that the app's audience receives the latest reports and dashboards:

Publish an app in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

vjianpengmsft_2-1710225550183.png

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

If it does not help, please provide more details with your desired output and pbix file without privacy information (or some sample data) .

Best Regards

Jianpeng Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jianpeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Hoping 

In Power BI Service, there's a small button for report refresh, as shown in the following image:

vjianpengmsft_0-1710225173956.png

vjianpengmsft_1-1710225208807.png

In dashboard: 

vjianpengmsft_4-1710226014296.png

vjianpengmsft_5-1710226069853.png

In addition, you may need to update your app in Workspace to ensure that the app's audience receives the latest reports and dashboards:

Publish an app in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

vjianpengmsft_2-1710225550183.png

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

If it does not help, please provide more details with your desired output and pbix file without privacy information (or some sample data) .

Best Regards

Jianpeng Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Jonvoge
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi Hoping

If the Semantic Model is refreshed and is updated with new data, this data will automatically flow into your Workspace App without additional updating. 

Only if you need to create additional visualisations or measures, and hence make changes to the visuals in your reports, you will need to Update the App yourself after updating the report.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors