Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cpierce
Regular Visitor

Updates to reports take hours to propagate, but only for some users

Hi all, I've been dealing with this issue for months and am absolutely stumped, so I figured I'd get the community's input.

For some reason whenever I publish changes to a report, it pushes through instantly for most users but takes hours or even days to reach others. We're doing QA testing, and whenever I publish changes and mark the ticket as ready to test they report that they can't see any changes, only for the issue to fix itself after a seemingly random amount of time without input. Other developers on my team can see these changes instantly.

I've cleared my cache, they've cleared theirs, we've used different browsers, published from Desktop and edited directly in Service, nothing besides time appears to fix this and it's a major sink having to wait hours to get tickets approved. The only differences that I know of between us are that QA is in a different time zone, and they use impersonation to test different roles while we have admin access. They view the reports through PowerBI Service, no embedding or exporting, and changes are cosmetic so it's not friction with the database.

If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated, this has been a huge headache for us for months now. 😵 Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@cpierce I wonder if Reset to default might help? Otherwise, You could check the Issues forum here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

And if it is not there, then you could post it.

If you have Pro account you could try to open a support ticket. If you have a Pro account it is free. Go to https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Thanks for the reply @Greg_Deckler ! Unfortunately resetting to default doesn't work, we've tried it in the past. I appreciate those links, I'll check out the Issues forum and escalate to a support ticket if need be, will post a solution here if I find one.

Hi, @cpierce 

Did you get any feedback?

Is the problem solved?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Hi @v-easonf-msft, not solved yet, I had a troubleshooting session with Pro Support last week but we didn't make a lot of headway. We have another session scheduled for today.

To update on this: I've spent the past few weeks communicating with Pro Support. We weren't able to find a solution and had at least one instance of reports timely propagating to our QA department during troubleshooting, so we agreed to mark the ticket as closed for now. I'm still anticipating this becoming an issue during our next round of QA, but there's not much we can do about it right now. I'll update again if the ticket is reopened.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors