Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

JohnRagot
Frequent Visitor

Update App is not Showing the Added Report

I've added a report to a workspace, then updated the app. It is showing as a "Content" in the app. On the first attempt to update the app people who tried to navigate to the report would get a "You don't have permission to the data" error, unless they were a viewer of the workspace. 

After trying to take it off the app and add it again, I'm unable to get it to show in the app. 

I tried the same thing with a report that has always been in the app, and it too is unable to be seen in the app now.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @JohnRagot 

According to your bug description, this is an internal bug that has been confirmed by the Power BI internal product team, iCM ID: 341210925 And according to the confirmation of the internal website, the fix of this bug has been put on the agenda, the expected repair time is 2022/12/17, please wait patiently for the problem to be fixed and test again.

At the same time, the temporary work around given by the product team is to go directly to the permission list of the dataset and add this user's permissions, so that the report can be visible to the user.

Thank you for your time and understanding, I will get back to you here if there is any update on this bug fix!

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @JohnRagot 

According to your bug description, this is an internal bug that has been confirmed by the Power BI internal product team, iCM ID: 341210925 And according to the confirmation of the internal website, the fix of this bug has been put on the agenda, the expected repair time is 2022/12/17, please wait patiently for the problem to be fixed and test again.

At the same time, the temporary work around given by the product team is to go directly to the permission list of the dataset and add this user's permissions, so that the report can be visible to the user.

Thank you for your time and understanding, I will get back to you here if there is any update on this bug fix!

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @JohnRagot 

You need to go via "Update App",  on the (3) Audience tab, move your mouse over the navigation items on the left hand side, you see the Eye Icon pop up for each navigation item.

Burningsuit_0-1668523205960.png

You'll need to check this for each Audience you have created. 

Once you've published an App, adding any content to it is added with the view turned off for all Audiences, you have to turn the new content on for whichever Audience is appropriate.

Hope this helps

Stuart 

Thank you that helped with the report visibility, but the added report is still showing  this error. All other reports are loading well

JohnRagot_0-1668523572909.png

Hi @JohnRagot 

This seems to be a bug in the new App experience, you may need to go to the dataset itself and grant the same permissions, even after the permissions are granted in the App.

Hope this helps

Stuart

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors