Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unsupported Account

I am an Action Pack subscriber which entitles me to $100 in Azure credit per month. I would like to use that credit to do some prototyping with PowerBI embedded. When I try to setup a resource to do this, I receive the message:

Unsupported account

You cannot create a Power BI Embedded capacity using a personal account. Use your organizational account instead.

My Action Pack subscription was purchased using my personal account and their is nothing in the program restrictions that indicates something like "You can only use PowerBI if you are an Action Pack subscriber and using a corporate account." How can I use my credits for PowerBI? MS sure has issues with this whole "personal" vs. "corporate" account thing. My account clearly says under Notifications: "Subscription "Microsoft Partner Network" has a remaining credit of $100.00."

1 REPLY 1
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Is the azure account the same with Power BI service? Based on my knowledage, Power BI service requires that you use a work, or school, email address to sign up. Power BI does not support email addresses provided by consumer email services or telecommunication providers. If you try to sign up with a personal email address, you will get a message indicating to use a work or school email address.

In addition, PowerBI embedded is context in Power BI developer, please post your thread in the right community for dedicated support.

Thanks,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors