Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

pmdci
Advocate V
Advocate V

Unexpected behavior: additional margin when pinning live report pages on dashboards‏

Hi there,

Have anyone else here tried to pin an entire reoprt onto a blank dashboard? I noticed that when doing so, the report is added to the dashboard but there is a substantial amount of blank space added to the left and right margins.

To reproduce

1. Log into PowerBI.com

2. Open a report that which has visuals quite close to the edges of the canvas. In particular the left and right edges.

3. Choose the option "Pin Live Page" and choose to do so into a new dashboard.

4. Click to see the newly created dashboard. Does the dashboard have a wide left and/or right margin that does not exist on the original report?

I have submited this to the support team but I was told that this is a "design request" (humpf). So I told that by posting this here on the forum I might get enough traction from the community and perhaps get the product team to look into this.

Any thoughts?

Regards,

P.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm seeing the exact same thing. Viewing it in full screen mode helps, but it's still so zoomed out. The odd thing is if I pin graphs and such individually, there's no additional margins on those. Only pinning a report creates the margins. Here's a screenshot:

Dear All,

Am also facing the same issue.

"additional margin when pinning live report pages on dashboards"

Any help will be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors