I have a two data sources one by a gateway and a several Excel files (with the same structure) from SharePoint. All the excel files are coming in i Power BI as one tabel. The repport wich was made in power bi desktop runs well and i can refresh the datasource without an error.
The repport is published on power bi service and I receive the following refresh error:
Can someone suggest a solution? Someone how had the same problem?
Solved! Go to Solution.
I find the issue : For the final generate table in a "Sharepoint Folder" source, you can't merge with another table!!! I don't know why.
I needed to merge with a DATE table.
So I did a reference from the table genrate by the "Sharepoint Folder" source, did the merge in the new table and it works!
>>I have a two data sources one by a gateway and a several Excel files (with the same structure) from SharePoint.
Since I' m not so sure for your issue, can you share more detailed information about this?
Which file you host on gateway?
which type of sharepoint you used?(on premise or online)
In addition, did you use custom function to merge these excel files? According to the error message, it seems like the issue is related to power query formulas.
Thank you Xiaoxin Sheng that you make a lite time for my question.
I have a gateway connection for a Sql database and a SharePoint online connection.
I think also that the problem is from the SharePoint connection. I have used a SharePoint Folder connectivity.
In the source query I received a table with all the documents that inside the SharePoint page. In this table i have a "content" column with "binary" text in each row. This table a have filtered to have all the Excel files needed for the project and that I have oppened the merged content and in this way a have created a big table with all the information for every Excel files.
I don't understand why the refresh is possible with power bi desktop and i have trouble with the published report in power bi service.
I test to get data from sharepoint online and follow your steps to publish to service, it works on my side.
Have you test on the last version of power bi ?
If you create a new report which original datasource, can you reproduce it?
In addition, I think the issue may related to custom function which used to convert your data in power query.(current custom function only available on desktop)
I have the same problem, and I think it was due to the step of Combine Files for the files in the SharePoint. The report in Power BI Desktop works fine. We just can't refresh the dataset after the report is published. My workaround is to create a table with the Combine Files using Power Query, and use this table as a new data source. I now can refresh my new dataset after I publish the report.
I ran into this issue aswell, the excel file I connected with uses certain formatting.
Using a export to a CSV file instead of Excel solved this issue for me.