Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jamiebono
Frequent Visitor

Unable to use VNET gateway with Dataflow

Hi, I have a VNET connection that works wonderfully with data sets, but it does not show up when I try to create a dataflow using the same sources. "(none)" is listed in the dropdown even though the gateway exists and is in active use by a dataset in the same workspace.

I feel like I am missing something obvious.

Thank you!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @jamiebono,

what data source are you using? Next to that, consider the following:

• Please note that the list for supported datasources is slightly smaller for dataflows then for datasets.
  • Also, VNET gateways are only supported in Power Platform dataflows.
  • Lastly (also on the docs):  VNet data gateways can only be used in Power platform environments in the home region of your tenant.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

View solution in original post

Thanks, @nickyvv ! I am trying to connect to an Azure SQL database. I saw the stuff about Power Platform, but thought I had missed something else.

I will mark this as a solution.

Cheers,

Jamie

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ablib

Who all gets frustrated when you Google search for a problem, get a hit like this one with the exact same problem as I'm having, see that it's marked as resolved...and yet there is zero resolution?  Like...not even a semblance of a solution.

There is no solution...still. @nickyvv answered my question, but MS has yet to fix this.

Have a very nice day.

nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @jamiebono,

what data source are you using? Next to that, consider the following:

• Please note that the list for supported datasources is slightly smaller for dataflows then for datasets.
  • Also, VNET gateways are only supported in Power Platform dataflows.
  • Lastly (also on the docs):  VNet data gateways can only be used in Power platform environments in the home region of your tenant.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

Is the above still true in 2022/23? I'm trying to set a vnet gateway that should be visible in the project options dropdown of a dataflow table within the Power BI Service but cannot find a way to see it.

Thanks!

Did you determine if this was possible? I am not seeing the data gate way when I try to configure in power bi service. (source databricks, Vnet data gateway, power bi premium)

Thanks, @nickyvv ! I am trying to connect to an Azure SQL database. I saw the stuff about Power Platform, but thought I had missed something else.

I will mark this as a solution.

Cheers,

Jamie

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors