Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JishnuRajiv
Frequent Visitor

Unable to set up incermental refresh in Power BI Datamart

Hi All,

I have been trying to setup an incremental refresh in the Power BI Datamart and I have tried everything.

I have this dataset with 5 crore records which is the result of a union between two views. I have tried bringing this data to datamart as a plain query with union between the required column of both my views. This didn't work, so I tried creating a new table and inserted my required data into it this table(since I thought the named query is causing the issue). I am getting the below error. 

I have the requried parameters all set to go and I have also setup the date filter using the parameters. 

Can someone please help me.

ERROR.PNG

Parameters ; 

parameter.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
JishnuRajiv
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for sharing your experience. All this time I was worried it was something I did 🙂

I have an outstanding ticket with Microsoft regarding this and they have been working on it since last week. 

The funniest thing is I have setup a scheduled refresh twice daily and it is running succesfully(loading all 5 crore rows twice daily. Unfortuantely incremental refresh is something that is having an issue

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @JishnuRajiv ,

Just spoke yesterday with Microsoft support about this very thing.  Apparently, there are a few bugs they are working out this week.  But, basically, the answer is "this product is still in preview and might not always work as expected".  I know they are working on it but there is no timeline (that I was given) when they think this particular bug will be remedied.

For me, because I had to have the information immediately, I flipped over to a Dataflow.  But, I have a different place where the need is not as critical so I just keep trying a few times a day until it works!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors