Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to load the model for new report users

I've shared a report with news users and they are getting the error below when they attempt to load it online. The report works for myself and most others already using the report, but it seems to only be happening with the new users. They've been given the same access permissions as myself as well.

evan wong error.png

4 REPLIES 4
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Hello, the above problem occurs because of version problems. Please download the latest version of PowerBI Desktop from the official website and reopen the file could solve the problem.

Let me know the result immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

KATBI
Regular Visitor

FACING SIMILAR ISSUE.

KATBI_0-1616406374160.png

v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

What needs to be confirmed is that when this problem occurs, please share it with news users to see if the same problem occurs. If everything is normal, there may be some permission restrictions for new users. If you share with news users, the same will happen. Status, it may be caused by other conditions, such as whether the gateway is connected correctly, whether the data source is changed to cause the model to change, whether the connection mode of the data source is changed, etc.

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide a screenshot of the specific steps of sharing the report, I will do further testing. Let me know the result immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@Anonymous : Even I tried this (i have a Pro license) but it is happening with all users who already have access and were able to load the report before. What i did is update the desktop version and publish it with a new name or replace the updated report with an existing one. None of it is working. The wierd part is sometimes it works when i publish the same report to a completely new workspace and after few days when i try to update, it comes up with same error message :  "Unable to load the model". Below is the screenshot of the report that i am trying to share. Sharing report after published.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors