Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to import my Power App into the powerbi report

I have created a canvas app and when I import it in my powerbi reports as a visual it works for me but when I package this app and send it to the client they are not able to see anything except a white screen. I am attaching a screenshot of the problem. Please see it. Also, I am new to Powerbi, so let me know if I am not doing things correctly.

InkedissueCroppedEdited.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @Anonymous 

According to my test here, the PowerApps visual in my Power BI report can be displayed normally after publishing to the service, so can you try to edit the report in PBI service to create this PowerApps visual directly? Because according to my research in the official documentation, the official documentation is more recommended that you create PowerApps visuals directly in the PBI service, because the same cloud service, the interaction between them is more compatible.

For more information, you can refer to :

Power Apps visual for Power BI - Power Apps | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-yueyunzh-msft,
Thank you for the prompt reply. I created the app on my side following the steps you mentioned but the thing is that now that the application is ready to be shipped to the client. I am packaging the app and sending it to the client. Clients import the app into the PowerApp platform and then import it into the report. I don't want them to edit or create a new app on their side as that won't be practical and they are non-technical and cannot create apps.
Let me know if I am missing something or didn't understand you in the first place.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors