Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

mvanreek

Unable to download a thin report (connected to a PBI Dataset) created in the PBI-Service

Hi,

I've create a PowerBI-Dataset, in PBI-Desktop, published it to PBI-Service, and then I created a 'thin' report in the PBI-Service connecting to thie PBI-Dataset. I wanted to download this report (to further edit it in PBI-Desktop, which has more features for this then PBI-Service), but that is not possible. And I can download another (thin) report that I created first in PBI-Desktop and then published to PBI-Service. I'm also admin on the PBI-Service, and checked the options for Export + Download, and they are enabled.

I googled and e.g. from this post

I understand that is is not possible to download reports that were created in PBI-Service. Maybe this is for security-reasons, so someone can not get report+data on his PC. But this is a thin report, so it doesn't have any data in it, and IMO it should be possible to download it.  But maybe there is a way that I'm not aware of?

thanks in advance for your help, 

Maarten van Reek

1 REPLY 1
AniBanani2020
Frequent Visitor

Would also like an answer from Microsoft here. We lost a report because someone edited in service and didnt maintain the local file. How can we not download thin reports?!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.