Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mvanreek

Unable to download a thin report (connected to a PBI Dataset) created in the PBI-Service

Hi,

I've create a PowerBI-Dataset, in PBI-Desktop, published it to PBI-Service, and then I created a 'thin' report in the PBI-Service connecting to thie PBI-Dataset. I wanted to download this report (to further edit it in PBI-Desktop, which has more features for this then PBI-Service), but that is not possible. And I can download another (thin) report that I created first in PBI-Desktop and then published to PBI-Service. I'm also admin on the PBI-Service, and checked the options for Export + Download, and they are enabled.

I googled and e.g. from this post

I understand that is is not possible to download reports that were created in PBI-Service. Maybe this is for security-reasons, so someone can not get report+data on his PC. But this is a thin report, so it doesn't have any data in it, and IMO it should be possible to download it.  But maybe there is a way that I'm not aware of?

thanks in advance for your help, 

Maarten van Reek

1 REPLY 1
AniBanani2020
Frequent Visitor

Would also like an answer from Microsoft here. We lost a report because someone edited in service and didnt maintain the local file. How can we not download thin reports?!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors