Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

uyarasi
Frequent Visitor

Unable to create new Dataflow

Trying to create a dataflow on power bi service. The option just gets a screen and spins forever. Been trying for an hour now. Any one noticed the issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @uyarasi 

As far as I know, Power BI is currently updating the schema for the dataflow feature so that Power BI Premium customers using dataflows will have a more reliable dataflow refresh running experience, during the update phase, there will be situations where creating or refreshing dataflows encounter long-running refreshes or refreshes stuck in canceled state, for customers who encounter this, we recommend splitting complex dataflows, limiting the total number of queries per dataflow, and strategically planning scheduled refreshes for Premium capacity.

Product groups will also provide more information until November 11, 2022. For more details and recommended next steps, see the Power BI dataflow known issues documentation.

For more information, you can refer to the official Power BI technical support website:

Support | Microsoft Power BI

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @uyarasi 

As far as I know, Power BI is currently updating the schema for the dataflow feature so that Power BI Premium customers using dataflows will have a more reliable dataflow refresh running experience, during the update phase, there will be situations where creating or refreshing dataflows encounter long-running refreshes or refreshes stuck in canceled state, for customers who encounter this, we recommend splitting complex dataflows, limiting the total number of queries per dataflow, and strategically planning scheduled refreshes for Premium capacity.

Product groups will also provide more information until November 11, 2022. For more details and recommended next steps, see the Power BI dataflow known issues documentation.

For more information, you can refer to the official Power BI technical support website:

Support | Microsoft Power BI

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Thanks Aniya! I had the same issue in the night and this morning. I will review the known issues documentation.

uyarasi
Frequent Visitor

Issue resolved by itself in an hour or so.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors