Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

cinsbox
Frequent Visitor

Unable to connect to the data source

I have two Power BI reports that are refreshed daily.  Recently, I have been getting a lot of "Unable to connect to the data source" error messages:

Unable to connect to the data source Progress Year to Date.
Refresh failed:

Fund Performance Detail has failed to refresh.
Failure details: The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error. This is usually a transient issue. If you try again later and still see this message, contact support.
Next refresh for Progress Year to Date is scheduled for June 15, 2022 13:00 UTC.

When I go into the workspace, I get this:

cinsbox_0-1655224425726.png

Then when I refresh the screen, I get another screen:

cinsbox_1-1655224515764.png

I can manually "Refresh now" but just want to check whether anyone has seen this.  The data set is refreshed through SFTP via Power Automate.  The data source is .csv, which should be supported.  I've already updated the on-premise gateway and it's online.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.  Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Jameswalter

Option 1
As the site administrator or data source owner, grant the affected user the 'Connect' permission for the published data source.

Option 2
Republish the workbook using Embedded password for the published data source(s).
Open the affected published workbook in Tableau Desktop. See Open a published workbook from the server for steps.
Republish the workbook and ensure the Authentication setting for all published data sources are set to Embedded password. See Set Credentials for Accessing Your Published Data for more information.

Option 3
Re-save the workbook using web authoring and embed credentials.
As the workbook author or site administrator, edit the workbook using web authoring. See Edit Tableau Views on the Web for steps.
Select File, and Save As....
Give the workbook the same name as the existing workbook to overwrite it, and select the Embed password for data source box.
Select Save.

Regards,
J Wick

cinsbox
Frequent Visitor

Hi - The Power Automate flow is scheduled at 5:30 AM PST and the Refresh is scheduled at 6:00 AM PST.  The Power Automate flow can take average of 20 to 30 minutes.  It's possible that the two configurations can happen at the same time.  If you are thinking that it may have a conflict, how far apart in time period should the configuration be?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, I have not seen this issue before - but you said the data set is refreshed by Power Automate - does that cause the issue? If that two configurations happen the same time, it might have the comflict. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors