Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nosko
Regular Visitor

Unable to connect app.powerbi.com to postgresql

Hello everyone
I ran into a problem connecting to my postgre server.
In the desktop version, everything is updated and loaded normally. The security certificate on the database server is ok. But after uploading the report to the cloud, updates do not work.
They write on the Internet that this problem is related to application errors, but 2 days ago everything worked like clockwork. Screenshots with errors are attached.
What could be the problem?

nosko_0-1694521778587.png

nosko_1-1694521796985.png

An error happened while reading data from the provider: 'Could not load file or assembly 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Unsafe, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)'

ActivityId: dba4bc54-f9ce-4be5-920b-89d468ebf2e3

RequestId: 5351e5a7-ab63-4464-bc23-2f6951963c25

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @nosko 

Have submitted this issue internal to confirm, would update here as soon as possible if there is any update about it.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @nosko 

There is a fix that will begin to be deployed in the near future. Microsoft Fabric Support and Status | Microsoft Fabric

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Still failing as of March 2024. Is there any new information about that?

v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @nosko 

Have submitted this issue internal to confirm, would update here as soon as possible if there is any update about it.

Best Regards,

nosko
Regular Visitor

For now, the only solution is the gateway.

I installed on a separate Windows server and started connecting to postgress.

There is no need for a certificate but you need install npgsql and gacutil from the visual studio package on gateway server.

Ahak
Frequent Visitor

I have also the same issue. Many thanks. 

Seems like quite a few people are hitting the problem. I'm still seeing this and have not been able to make any progress. 

bobbyiliev
Frequent Visitor

I am also facing the exact same problem for my Postgres instance. It was all working last week and over the weekend it stopped, as far as I can tell it might be related to the most recent update to Version 5.0.0.0.

Failed to update data source credentials: An error happened while reading data from the provider: 'Could not load file or assembly 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Unsafe, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)'

I came across the same problem reported a few years ago after the upgrade to Version 4.0.0.0 here:

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Service/Could-not-load-file-or-assembly-System-Runtime-Com...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors