Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

willpage
Helper II
Helper II

Unable to connect Power BI Dataflow to Google Anayltics

Hello,

I'm trying to connect to Google Analytics from a Power BI dataflow. I get this error immediately upon clicking Sign in:

willpage_0-1662335356527.png

I've tried in multiple tenancies and 3 different browsers- I get the same result in all of them. Is this a known issue and is there a workaround? The same thing works fine in Power BI desktop, but I need it in a dataflow.

3 REPLIES 3
ReportMaster
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @willpage I think in this case there's no need for you to use a dataflow. As a workardound, maybe you can try to test your connection with a 3rd party connector. I've tried windsor.ai, supemetrics (which doesn't have PBI as a destination, so you first have to export to Google Sheets and then export to PBI) and funnel.io. I stayed with windsor because it is much cheaper so just to let you know other options. In case you wonder, to make the connection first search for the GA connector in the data sources list:

GA-1.png

After that, just grant access to your GA account using your credentials, then on preview and destination page you will see a preview of your GA fields:

There just select the fields you need. Finally, just select PBI as your data destination and finally just copy and paste the url on PBI --> Get Data --> Web --> Paste the url. 

SELECT_DESTINATION_NEW.png

willpage
Helper II
Helper II

@v-jayw-msft  There is no other Authetication kind.

willpage_0-1662434051163.png

v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @willpage ,

I can't reproduce the secnario.

You may consider to try other Authentication kind.

If the error still exists, you could raise a support ticket.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors