Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pparekh
Frequent Visitor

Unable to approve access request to Power BI Dashboard.

I have created a dashboard for my company where tenants can request access which I usually approve. I have couple of users for whichc the "Approve" button is being greyed out. I found that users with type "Pending invitation" are the ones that I am not able to give access. I have already sent them invite but not sure how to approve them.

2023-06-01 14_54_10-Services Homepage - Power BI.png2023-06-01 14_55_25-Services Homepage - Power BI.png

9 REPLIES 9
Chith_123
Frequent Visitor

Hi, hope you are well, can you please let me know the status of this, if it is resolved can you please let me know of how?

nenadpekec
Frequent Visitor

Please check if users with "Pending invitation" have tried to open the report and if they have completed MFA (Multi-Factor Authentication) setup for their account.

powerBI-novice1

Hi Facing same issue! Its greyed out for some people. I am unable to give them direct access. Even if I try, it take me to the pending status. Any help is appreciated

skygold16
Advocate I
Advocate I

I think you do not have member or higher level of access to be able to approve the user access request. You are receiving an approval email because you are in the data set owner or in a workspace conact list. 

Check with the workspace admin team and they should be able to guide. 

Hi @skygold16 , I am the admin of workspace as well as the owner of dataset.

Hi, did you ever figure this out? I'm having a similar issue where the approve/decline buttons are grayed out.

KatieC_0-1701979640931.png

I have the same issue.

It is my dataset and my report. and I can't approve nor decline.

Hi, did you check if someone else from the workspace admin has already approved the request?

Yes, no one else has approved from what I can tell. I've refreshed and they're still there hours later. Neither of the pending people are in the list of people with existing access.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors