Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

diegocorona

Unable to access dataset settings - Can't access schedule refresh times config

Hello everybody!

We have been experiencing an issue with Power BI Service for weeks . When trying to get into the configuration of a dataset to schedule the automatic update [see image 1], it redirects to the following URL: https://wabi-south-central-us-redirect.analysis.windows.net/powerbi/metadata/refreshusermetadata 

We are getting these console errors [see image 2] from that URL. And, therefore, we can’t access the configuration panel, and we are unable to edit the refresh schedule. This is getting critical for us because we need to keep the dashboards up to date. 

diegocorona_0-1669243074620.png

diegocorona_1-1669243080509.png

We were able to verify that the incident occurs in other users in the same way, so it is not only specific to my user (it happens to every member of the company with a Power BI PRO License). We also tested it from different browsers (Chrome, Edge) and the error is replicated in all of them.  

After what you can see at the Image 2, it just come back to the workspace as seen in Image 1 (without any further error message)

Any idea? Please be my hero 🙂

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @diegocorona 

Please create a new Workspace, re publish your report into it and try to refresh the report.

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

Hi @aj1973! Thanks for your reply.

I tried, same result:

diegocorona_1-1669299722943.png

It shows the same behavior, just process a little bit with the power bi logo on screen and then come back to the workspace page again.

Regards

Ok @diegocorona 

Obviously you have a connection problem to the server, you need to identify it.

It could be different reasons, The Gateway not updated , Columns or Tables have changed names at the source, You added Queries or DAX that the server does not allow it...

Basically you need to verify what has changed lately and at what level.

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors