Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ksr_pbi

URL for PBI report changes despite replacing the original report pbix with the same name

Hi,

I am trying replace a PBI report on Service with an edited .pbix file. The name of the new file is exactly the same as the file to be replaced.

Ideally and since I have been using PBI, the report URL does not changes when one replaces the PBI report with the exact same name.

However, since 5th June 2023, I have been encountering a changed URL after I replace the old PBI report on the service. This is despite the dialog box (seen on PBI Desktop) which warns users that the original file shall be replaced being clicked with the replaced button at the bottom. 

Any solution to this issue?

FYI: I have set the dataset manage permissions to all users to Read access as the workspace users (who are not Admin) only have Viewer access.   

2 REPLIES 2
ksr_pbi

Hi @ibarrau , Thank you for your reply 😊 

Agreed but its just a parameter & removing it will still redirect you to the URL with the same content.

I suppose, going forward, one must only prefer using Power BI App to share the reports with the end users. Its recommended by MS as well.  

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. Recently Microsoft has release a public preview of a new software as a service that will cover powerbi and more. All urls have changed adding "?experience=power-bi" for reports. The haven't said anything about the ids and workspaces, so when publishing it should be replacing report and keeping Ids, but the last part of the url might have changed. I think that shouldn't change in a long future again.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors