Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Johan-MTM
Helper III
Helper III

Trying to grant access to App

Hi,

I'm trying to give som poeple in our organisation acess to our app in power bi services but for some reason the "grant" button and "select an audience" is greyed out:

JohanMTM_0-1694674172384.png

Any sugestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

To update permissions, you need to have at least a Member role on the workspace where the app resides.  Also, if the dataset is in a workspace different than the app, you need to manually grant them access to the underlying dataset.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
PapaTamms
Helper I
Helper I

Screenshot 2023-09-14 144433.png/To grant access to the people in your organizations, you may need to go Update Apps >> Audience >> GRant Access to 

Hi @PapaTamms 
I've done this but still my uses get an error message saying something like missing acess to "underlying dataset". Do I need to grant them access to the acuall dataset as well?
I'm very confused 🤔

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-4Oud9jkuw

User needs access permission to both the app and the underlying dataset. This youtube video can help your problem.

Johan-MTM
Helper III
Helper III

Thanks for the reply @devesh_gupta 
I do have a pro-license:

JohanMTM_0-1694676930717.png

I'm not sure if the app is published correct, could you point me in the right diretion for this?

To update permissions, you need to have at least a Member role on the workspace where the app resides.  Also, if the dataset is in a workspace different than the app, you need to manually grant them access to the underlying dataset.

devesh_gupta
Super User
Super User

@Johan-MTM Ensure that you have the necessary admin privileges in Power BI Services to grant access to the app. Only admins or users with specific permissions can manage access to apps. Also, verify that the app is published and available in your Power BI workspace. If it's not published, you won't be able to grant access.

If it helps, please mark it as an accepted solution so that other users can find it more easily.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors