Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

liey87
Frequent Visitor

Trend live graph hourly, minutely, daily like task manager performance tab

Hi,

How to make the graph trend like task manager without distort the graph which combine all data from dataset? I'm currently having a dataset from azure stream analytics. Therefore, it's seems to be some limitation. As client don't want to see some data that look small and stack. So, I want to make a trend data which show last 60 second until current with interval of a seconds

cpu.png

Yes, I mean something like this. So client can see clearly the value of data within some xx interval (hourly, 60 seconds, daily, etc).

I'm not doing the desktop as it's coming live from Stream Analytics. Is Power Bi web have this kind of features?

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @liey87,

After we use Power BI as output of Azure Stream Analytics Jobs, if the Stream Analytics job query outputs results, corresponding dataset will be created in Power BI Service. As in web service, we can't do much with dataset, it's not supported to create a new column, measure or table. We can only create a report use data from current dataset. So in your scenario, I'm afraid we are not able to achieve the requirement currently.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

I believe having a trend graph data can strengthen the visualization. Since currently if the dataset in powerBi is too many,the visual trend will be like distorting. If only PBi team can provide this, it would be great as task manager must be get latest data from the device, not inquiry from historical dataset.

Maybe we can have "show value1,value2 within an hour" or "within 1 month" or "in range" or "in between" from the Q&A in future..

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors