Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bront
Regular Visitor

Tiles not updating correctly on Dashboard despite data being correct

Hi All,

Hoping someone can help me understand what's happening with my Dashboard.
I have a dataset that contains member registration data and I wanted to create a dashboard that shows how many new members registered today and how many registered yesterday.

I've added two columns to my dataset called "Registered Today" and "Registered Yesterday" which are set to "true or false" to indicate this (a day being defined as 6:00am to 6:00am). When I check the data in these columns, the true/false values are always correct no matter what time of day I check.

"Registered Today Column" ( if it's after 6am, show true if the registration date is today and registration hour is after 6. else if it's before 6am, show true if the registration date is today or if the registration date is yesterday and hour is after 6am)

"Registered Yesterday Column" ( if it's after 6am, show true if the registration date is today and registration hour is before 6am or if registration date is yesterday and registration hour is after 6am. else if it's before 6am, show true if the registration date is yesterday before 6am or if the registration date is current date -2 and hour is after 6am)

What i'm seeing is, when I check the dashboard tiles after 6am, it still shows yesterdays data as today, even after being refreshed, until a new member registers. It is only after a new member registers then the tiles appear to show correct data. I would really appreciate if someone can assist in helping me understand why so I can get my dashboard to show correct values no matter what time of day it's checked.

When I check the data in my registered today and yesterday columns, it's showing the correct true/false

The queries to display the data in these columns are as follows.

Spoiler

"Registered Today Column"

if Time.Hour(DateTime.LocalNow()) >= 6
then
(Date.From([Registration Date] ) = Date.AddDays(Date.From(DateTime.FixedLocalNow()), 0) and [ArrivalHour]> 6)
else
(Date.From([Registration Date] ) = Date.AddDays(Date.From(DateTime.FixedLocalNow()), 0) and [ArrivalHour] < 6)
or
(Date.From([Registration Date] ) = Date.AddDays(Date.From(DateTime.FixedLocalNow()), -1) and [ArrivalHour]> 6)

"Registered Yesterday Column"

if Time.Hour(DateTime.LocalNow()) >= 6
then
(Date.From([Registration Date] ) = Date.AddDays(Date.From(DateTime.FixedLocalNow()), 0) and [ArrivalHour] < 6)
or
(Date.From([Registration Date] ) = Date.AddDays(Date.From(DateTime.FixedLocalNow()), -1) and [ArrivalHour]> 6)

else
(Date.From([Registration Date] ) = Date.AddDays(Date.From(DateTime.FixedLocalNow()), -1) and [ArrivalHour] < 6)
or
(Date.From([Registration Date] ) = Date.AddDays(Date.From(DateTime.FixedLocalNow()), -2) and [ArrivalHour]> 6)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @Bront 

Based on your issue description, I think the root cause of the issue may be caused by a difference between the time zone used by the dynamic date function in the Power BI service and your local time zone. Because I see that your logical expression uses dynamic date functions such as Date.AddDays, which are all using the UTC0 time zone, which will be different from your local time zone, which will cause some data update delay problems, you can also refer to this blog to see the cause of this problem in detail and some alternative solutions:
Power BI Date and Time in Desktop vs Service – Bond Consulting Services

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @Bront 

Based on your issue description, I think the root cause of the issue may be caused by a difference between the time zone used by the dynamic date function in the Power BI service and your local time zone. Because I see that your logical expression uses dynamic date functions such as Date.AddDays, which are all using the UTC0 time zone, which will be different from your local time zone, which will cause some data update delay problems, you can also refer to this blog to see the cause of this problem in detail and some alternative solutions:
Power BI Date and Time in Desktop vs Service – Bond Consulting Services

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors