Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

filiparibeiro
Helper III
Helper III

Thousand and decimal separator

Does anyone know why after publishing pbi embedded file to a portal it might happen that one person views the thousand separator as a comma and the decimal separator as a dot and other views this switched? I have preset on pbi desktop for the thousand separator to be a dot and the decimal separator to be a comma. 

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. By a default setting, PowerBi Service will show dates and separators in the language set by the browser. For example. I develop in a Spanish Power Bi Desktop, but when I publish to my English browser it shows different separators. That is a way to help people from any place to feel confortable with numbers.

I think it might be possible to change it, go to dataset settings and change the tab to "General". You can find about one language

ibarrau_0-1674217478774.png

You can read more about this here: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/fundamentals/supported-languages-countries-regions

I hope that helps

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Hello @ibarrau 
Thanks for your reply! I believe that's not the issue because I just checked the language settings in pbi service and they are right (set for Portugal as it should be in this case). Any other suggestions you might have? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors