Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sabinocivita
Frequent Visitor

Thousand Separator: different behavior between BI desktop and BI Service

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to solve this issue....

I use Desktop and Service both in italian language. I have a premium licence for user and I use subscription to send report with mail to a pro user.

I did a report in Desktop and set correctly the apostrophe character as thousands separator. Problem arrives when I publish it to my workspace. I tried in many ways, reading suggiestions in forum, but I see always the dot character as thousands separator..... And obviously when mail is sent to people, PDF attached reflects Service behavior, not what I see in Desktop....

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance!

Sabino Civita

4 REPLIES 4
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. I really don't know about the emails. Regarding the Power Bi Service, it performs the decimals and thousands separatos by the browser language. By default it will check on the browser. I have my local in spanish and my browser in english. I can always see the difference when I publish.

That will help you change for a user, however about the emails I can only say that you should try changing the following option in your workspace:

ibarrau_0-1647952030393.png

Go to the settings on the top right corner and change the language settings. That might change it for email, but still not sure if that's possible.

I hope tha thelps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Hi ibarrau,

thanks for suggestion....Browser is in italian and also PowerBI settings (I already set italian language)...nothing changed....

But...I took a look in url bar that shows https://app.powerbi.com/home?language=it-IT

Cause on my pc is set in Windows regional settings italian (Switzerland), I changed url to https://app.powerbi.com/home?language=it-CH and now it shows correctly the apostrophe as thousands separator as put in regional settings.....

what a luck......😀

Thanks again!

but.....this non solved PDF sent with subscription.....PDF shows comma as separator, not apostrophe.....very very strange behaviour..... any suggestion appreciated.....

Thanks

I don't think there might be a way to change that for the email 😞 

Those changes you have done are the only available at Power Bi.

Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors