Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AW31
Helper I
Helper I

Theme changes from Desktop to Live Link

Hi, I recently have had filter boxes change when taking a report from a dashboard to an embed link. On the dashboard view in Power Bi Desktop, my filter boxes have white borders and are filled with a check mark when selected (screenshot attached). But when I publish and view the dashboard on the Power BI Online App or on the live embed link, the boxes disappear and the checkmark is hidden when selected (second screenshot). Is this a theme issue? I had not had this issue until the latest Power BI update. Thanks!

This is on Power BI Desktop Solid white squares and a white checkmark when selected.This is on Power BI Desktop Solid white squares and a white checkmark when selected.This is Power BI online/embed link. White squares are thinner and boxes are black when selected.This is Power BI online/embed link. White squares are thinner and boxes are black when selected.

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @AW31,

It seems like theme setting conflict with embed styles and it has been reset to the default color formatting. What type of embed feature are you test? 'Publish to web' or 'Power bi embed'?

Please provide more detila informaitons to hlpe us clairfy your sceairo.
How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

The error happens on both the embed link and also when I hit "Publish" from Power BI Desktop and it takes me to the App online. It's set on the default theme that it was on before Power BI updated, so I'm not sure why there would be a theme error.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors