Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

EricParvin
Employee
Employee

The import VSTS.Contents matches no exports. Did you miss a module reference?

Running an API to Azure DevOps to return the work items for a build within either a dataflow or DataMart and receive the same error. 

Using a Blank Query with the following:

let  

Source = VSTS.Contents("https://dev.azure.com/org/" & ProjectNm & "/_apis/build/builds/" & BuildID & "/workitems?api-version=5.1")

Error is The import VSTS.Contents matches no exports. Did you miss a module reference?

4 REPLIES 4
prabhatnath
Advocate III
Advocate III

Hello,

Did you find any solution for the issue?

As I am having similar issue where my report pulling work item records from Azure DevOps. 

In one of the AddColumn step I am using VSTS.Contents() to call API and passing row context WorkItemId to load some of the properties which are not available from OData or AnayticsView of azure DevOps. This step works fine in PBI Desktop/Semantic model and is good even after the report is published to the Service.

Here is the step that I was referring:

#"Add VSTS Data" = Table.AddColumn(oData_Source, "VSTS", each Json.Document(VSTS.Contents("https://dev.azure.com/OrgName/ProjectName/_apis/wit/workitems/" & Number.ToText([WorkItemId])))),

As this step is taking lots of time to pull data from the API so I am planning to move the data model to Dataflow in PBI Service. But unfortunately the  VSTS.Contents() does not seems working in the Dataflow and gives error as below, even if exactly same step works in Semantic model.

Expression.Error: The import VSTS.Contents matches no exports. Did you miss a module reference?

Please help if anyone has faced same issue and how you have resolved this?

Thanks,

Prabhat

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Thank you for the links. I checked them and they seem to relate to local resources not having the correct modules. The issue I am encountering is within the dataflow or DataMart.

Forgot to mention, the API calls work within PBI Desktop. The issue is present when running in the dataflow

Hi, are there any additional steps I can take to troubleshoot this issue? It appears to be within the dataflow so I am not sure how much information I can provide outside of the error message. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors