Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

skygold16
Helper I
Helper I

The OAuth authentication method isn't supported for this data source.

Hi Experts, 

I have few reports in Power BI service which is reading data from the excel files store on SharePoint Team sites.

I used the SharePoint folder connector to read the excel file. The refresh to these reports was schedule which suddenltly got disabled due to credential issues. 

When I try to re-enter the credentials using oauth I get the following error:

The OAuth authentication method isn't supported for this data source. Contact your admin.Show details

Tried few different reports in different workspace and in premium workspace too. Nothing seems to be working and looks like all the reports reading data from the excel st

2 REPLIES 2
gp10
Advocate III
Advocate III

I have the same issue now and then, its fixed without doing anything special, just opening the settings of another dataset and then returning and opening once again the settings of the dataset that faces the issue solved it for me.

v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @skygold16 

When connecting to data sources and services that require authentication through OAuth or Azure Active Directory-based authentication, in certain cases where the service is configured correctly, you can use the built connectors to authenticate and connect to data without requiring a service-specific or custom connector.

Power Query SharePoint list connector - Power Query | Microsoft Learn

More details: Authentication with a data source - Power Query | Microsoft Learn

I have also found a similar post, please refer to it to see if it helps you.

powerbi - How to fix the message The OAuth authentication method isn't supported for this data sourc...

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors