Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PKGR
Frequent Visitor

Tenant to Tenant Migration

Hi

we have approximately 200 WorkSpaces (includes premium and pro workspaces), 200 dataflows, 500 datasets, 2000 Reports and 100 Dashboards to migrate from Tenant A to Tenant B.
Curious to know if there is any PowerShell scripts available to migrate. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. Sadly I don't think there is a way or tool for migrating all that. You could use PowerBi Rest API to export/download datasets or reports (the original file with the dataset, no live connection ones) and import/publish them back to other tenant. I know that works because we made it with SimplePBI python unofficial library for PowerBi Rest API. However, there is no request for exporting dataflows or dashboards with API. You could export and import dataflow JSON files manually for migration. The one that can't do it anyway is dashboards.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. Sadly I don't think there is a way or tool for migrating all that. You could use PowerBi Rest API to export/download datasets or reports (the original file with the dataset, no live connection ones) and import/publish them back to other tenant. I know that works because we made it with SimplePBI python unofficial library for PowerBi Rest API. However, there is no request for exporting dataflows or dashboards with API. You could export and import dataflow JSON files manually for migration. The one that can't do it anyway is dashboards.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors