Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CristiMarian

Tables are not side-scrollable in PowerBI Web

Hello everyone,

I have the following issue: I've added a table in PowerBI desktop. This table has a lot of columns, and I can scroll horizontally by holding shift and scrolling, by pressing the middle mouse button and going left or right or simply dragging the scroll bar.

After I publish the report, I can no longer scroll horizontally in PowerBI Web. The scroll bar is there, so I can drag it and it works, but shift + scrolling doesn't work, and when I press the middle mouse button, only the up and down options are available, so it seems scrolling sideways is disabled for that visual. Is there any way I could fix this? 

3 REPLIES 3
Marco57
Helper III
Helper III

I have same issue but with embedded power bi report. Tables were previously horizontally scrollable by maintaing shift+scroll but now this shortcut is not working anynmore ...

CristiMarian

Matrices act in a similar manner.
I have found a market extension, SuperTables, for which the tables are side-scrollable. It is paid so I would not consider it a solution, but it does show that it is possible.

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. I didn't realize about that. You can side scroll in many ways (like clicking the bar or using a notebook pad) but it looks like shift + scrolling or clicking will not work. I'm wondering if that's something about the canva html object behind the reports. I don't think that's going to change for now.

As UX practices the best idea would be not using side scroll. Try always fitting tables to the screen. You can also play with field parameters to add or remove columns.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors