Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Support on URL with Publish to Web

Last week I had a problem in my dashboard which I published to web earlier. Because of a change in ownership, the button for publish to web disappeared and with that, also the URL did not show the dashboard anymore. When clicking the link, we recieved the following, the link showed a pop up from Power BI with the text: Content not available. 

Because the dashboard is frequently used by customers I would like to put some support on the URL, which checks if the link is available or not. Because technically the link is still working (it only shows no content), I cannot do this by simply checking the requests of the link.

Is there a way in Power BI where I can put some support on the usage of the link? That when the link shows no content/cannot make contact to the service I will recieve a trigger?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

If you have access to the Admin Portal, you can view the status of the embed codes. 

embed code.JPG

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

If you have access to the Admin Portal, you can view the status of the embed codes. 

embed code.JPG

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. I don't think you can build something like that. The link won't fail by itself. If you are having that messege is because the data is wrong or the global admin has killed the link. Six months ago power bi default policy has changed to forbid publish. If you want to publish to web again a global power bi admin has to allow this in admin portal.

In my experience the publish to web works always. I have a website with 10 power bi reports that way and no problem with them.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors