Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

HazechanAB
Frequent Visitor

Subscription error when the table produced no results

Dear All experts,

I want to create a subscription which ONLY send emails to me when any value >0 is found in a matrix table.

The reason why i use subscription but not alert is because data activator alerts dont have the PDF attached in the email.

Any way, I tested the subscription and the email saids:

There was an error with your subscription "XXX" and it could not be delivered

DataDrivenSubscriptionPreProcessingError

Semantic Model XXX produced no results. Check your subscription and filters for any issues.

Please let me know if you have any solution. Thank you all in advance.

1 REPLY 1
v-heq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @HazechanAB ,

Based on your description, this type of error typically occurs when the query or filter criteria for a data-driven subscription does not match any of the data that the subscription attempts to run with. Since your requirement is to only send emails if the value is greater than 0, if the matrix table does not have any such values, the subscription will not be able to generate results, resulting in the error you are seeing.
First, make sure that the query or filter conditions set for the subscription accurately reflect the data that is expected to trigger the subscription. Manually run a query against the semantic model to confirm that it returns results under the expected conditions.
Second, ensure that the semantic model is configured correctly and contains the expected data. You can also set up alternatives, including generic data matching, so that the conditions of the subscription don't disappear when the data is refreshed.
You can check out the following documents for more information on subscriptions

Power BI Subscription: Get Report Updates In Email - RADACAD
Email subscriptions for reports and dashboards in the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Learn
FAQs about Troubleshoot subscribing to dashboards and reports - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,
Albert He

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

Top Solution Authors