Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

kalyani_bang
Frequent Visitor

Stop refresh activity during deployment and then start automatically

When the refresh activity is going on at the same time of deployment in service then what are the ways to stop the refresh activity and it should continue after deployment automatically.

@Data refresh @schedule refresh @incremental refresh

2 REPLIES 2
tackytechtom
Super User
Super User

Hi @kalyani_bang ,

If you are triggering the refresh with the enhanced refreshes API you can programmatically cancel that refresh with ths call:

Datasets - Cancel Refresh In Group - REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Microsoft Learn

For the refresh to cancel, you first need to get the respective RefreshID, whch you could fetch from this one here:

Datasets - Get Refresh History In Group - REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Microsoft Learn

After your deployment you can trigger a new refresh with this operation:

Datasets - Refresh Dataset In Group - REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Microsoft Learn

Let me know if this helps 🙂

/Tom
https://www.tackytech.blog/
https://www.instagram.com/tackytechtom/

Did I answer your question➡️ Please, mark my post as a solution ✔️

Also happily accepting Kudos 🙂

Feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn! linkedIn

#proudtobeasuperuser 

Hi @tackytechtom , thanks for the reply. But with this, how we can stop the refresh for all the datasets in just a click and then after the deployment gets over, refresh for all datasets continue by just clicking the button?

Also what is the difference between doing this and switching off the schedule refresh till the time deployment is over?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors