Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mhvdb
Frequent Visitor

Still acces to published app after I deleted the workspace?

After I deleted a workspace and removed the app inside PBI Online I can't see or access it. When I logout and login again the workspace is deleted but the app is still there. And more surprisingly (and scary) I can still acces the reports, dashboards and see the data.  When I try to acces the sharepoint group from the workspace I get a log that the connection is closed. 

How can I permantly delete the app and the related connection to the deleted workspace and datasource? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@mhvdb The app workspaces are still tied to O365 groups, and this issue with groups being deleted with content still in them not being deleted is a known issue... I haven't seen that there was any resolution outside of creating a support ticket in which MSFT would have to go clean it up. It is somewhat concerning that it is manifesting itself in this new way, but not completely surprising given the previous history. Submit this to the Issues section, it's a big deal that needs to get cleaned up.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same thing happened to me. I tried to remove an app by deleting the workspace--but now the app is still out there and I can't unpublish the app because I can't access the deleted workspace. @Seth_C_Bauer: Can you please tell me how to open a ticket to have MSFT manually remove this app?

@Anonymous On the support page - https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/ scroll down and you will see a place to "Create Support Ticket" - as long as you have a Pro license I believe you get a number of these support tickets for free.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, @Seth_C_Bauer.

One follow-up question: When I created the app workspace, I selected "Public - Anyone can see what's inside". Just to confirm, "public" means public to my organization, correct? Meaning nobody outside of our internal domain could get access to those published apps?

@Anonymous Correct, Public means it is visible to people within your organization, not externally.

@mhvdb The app workspaces are still tied to O365 groups, and this issue with groups being deleted with content still in them not being deleted is a known issue... I haven't seen that there was any resolution outside of creating a support ticket in which MSFT would have to go clean it up. It is somewhat concerning that it is manifesting itself in this new way, but not completely surprising given the previous history. Submit this to the Issues section, it's a big deal that needs to get cleaned up.

Thanks @Seth_C_Bauer for your quick reply and apologies for my slow reaction.

Indeed very concerning, I'm definitly going to submit the issue and let's hope they fix this issue soon.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors