Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

unicorns
Helper II
Helper II

Some users can't export "Data with current layout" but some can?

It looks like some people can export "Data with current layout" but some users can't and have that option greyed out. 

They are trying to export a matrix table. I'm able to export and most of users can it seems like but some users can't..

All my settings look correct and I can't wrap my head around why some users have that setting greyed out.

Does anyone know why this happens? 

unicorns_0-1675372584826.png

Current PBI & workspace settings for export:

unicorns_1-1675372823112.png

unicorns_2-1675372860887.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @unicorns ,

The full admin portal can be accessed by global admins and users who have the Power BI administrator role. If you're not in one of these roles, you only see Capacity settings in the portal. For more information about the Power BI service administrator role, see Understanding the Power BI admin role.

About the admin portal - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
annemari
Frequent Visitor

It's probably related to this new feature: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-cy/blog/announcing-connected-excel-tables-from-power-bi/

It's weird, that the "live connection" choice has been put as the default in exporting, because the users who don't have "Build" access to the underlaying dataset are not able to export the data any more without changing the file format when exporting. This has caused a lot of questions.

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @unicorns ,

It's important to note that if the Power BI admin portal settings conflict with the report settings for export data, the admin settings will override the export data settings.

Please check with the administrator whether the "export data" function is enabled for entire organization in the admin portal.

vpollymsft_0-1675387763218.png

vpollymsft_1-1675387806476.png

Export data from a Power BI visualization - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

If it still does not help, please provide more details.

Best Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

where can I find those settings? https://msit.powerbi.com/admin-portal this link didn't show me those options 

Hi @unicorns ,

The full admin portal can be accessed by global admins and users who have the Power BI administrator role. If you're not in one of these roles, you only see Capacity settings in the portal. For more information about the Power BI service administrator role, see Understanding the Power BI admin role.

Best Regards

Just had a similar issue and this was caused by having a slicer on the page very close to the report table/matrix.... basically the user was hovering over the top right and PBi was then showing the options for the slicer not the table/matrix! Slicer was set automatically to summarised data whilst table/matrix is set to Data with Current layout or summarised data!

Moving them apart slightly ensured the user(s) selected the correct elipses. Problem solved

Who knew eh?

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @unicorns 

Could you check if the user has got any permissions on the App Workspace roles?

Also if they can log out and log back in again?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

So the user who have that option greyed out doenst have any roles in the workspace. Im the PowerBi owner 

Would logging in and out help?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors