Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

qmestu
Helper III
Helper III

Slow visuals update on web published report

Hi,

I have a report that i'm publicly sharing on the web. However navigating through the report (it has about 60 pages) is slow, there is a notable delay when loading visuals for the first time when i enter a page. When i return to pages that i've visited these are faster. Is there some sort of caching working in the background or is there anything i can do to improve this? I've already deleted all the columns and data that is not required, but the file still has about 100 MB.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @qmestu ,
About caching, YES; Browser cache is stored and hence after the first visual render, Power BI fetches results from Browser cache and hence it is faster than first load.
You will need to optimize the report more since you are publishing to web. In this, your report is stored in shared capacity and hence it will take more time as compared to desktop or even normal workspace or Premium workspace. 60 pages are a lot for Power BI to render in shared capacity.

You can optimize more by the below tips:
1. Remove unwanted tables

2. Remove unwanted columns/fields

3. Optimize DAX as much as possible - Use performance analyze + DAX Studio to get most optimized DAX

4. Try to avoid using dark colors

5. Try to minimize use of objects such as buttons, shapes, images, etc

6. Try to reduce the no. of pages in your report

Apart from this, try to publish the dashboard in a normal workspace and share with users since Publish to web is not such a good option since it has a lot of limitations associated and also the fact that sensitive data can be seen by anyone who has the link.

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png  

Give a Thumbs Up if this post helped you in any way and Mark This Post as Solution if it solved your query !!!

Proud To Be a Super User !!!
LinkedIn

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @qmestu ,
About caching, YES; Browser cache is stored and hence after the first visual render, Power BI fetches results from Browser cache and hence it is faster than first load.
You will need to optimize the report more since you are publishing to web. In this, your report is stored in shared capacity and hence it will take more time as compared to desktop or even normal workspace or Premium workspace. 60 pages are a lot for Power BI to render in shared capacity.

You can optimize more by the below tips:
1. Remove unwanted tables

2. Remove unwanted columns/fields

3. Optimize DAX as much as possible - Use performance analyze + DAX Studio to get most optimized DAX

4. Try to avoid using dark colors

5. Try to minimize use of objects such as buttons, shapes, images, etc

6. Try to reduce the no. of pages in your report

Apart from this, try to publish the dashboard in a normal workspace and share with users since Publish to web is not such a good option since it has a lot of limitations associated and also the fact that sensitive data can be seen by anyone who has the link.

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png  

Give a Thumbs Up if this post helped you in any way and Mark This Post as Solution if it solved your query !!!

Proud To Be a Super User !!!
LinkedIn

I have already done most of what you mentioned. Sharing to specific users is not an option as this report is to be used on a public website.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors