Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

KilJhard
Frequent Visitor

Slicer/Filter by colour in Visual Chart

Hello,

Something I've been trying to find an answer to is if I creat a bar chart and assigned 3 colours based on a conditional format.  For instance, if below 333 the bar is to be green, between 334-666, amber and 667-1000 red is there a way that you can create a legend for those 3 colours and if you click on either one it will display those bars only.  So if I click on green all other bars a faded out (like when you normally click on something in a visual).

I thought this would be baked into the visuals but I've yet to find how to set this up.  I've tried creating a table with the colours assigned to a cell and using a slicer but that certainly did not work. lol.

2 REPLIES 2
edhans
Super User
Super User

Not directly. The colors aren't part of the report layer like that. What you could do:

1. Manually create buttons that were just those colors.
  2. Create bookmarks to filter the data by each color.
  3. Assign those bookmarks to the respective buttons

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Morning @edhans thank you for your response.  

The buttons I'm creating, would these simulate the bar graph?  So the report I'm creating will be updated monthly based on the numbers from that month and the colours are based on whether there is low risk, medium risk and high risk.

I've already conditional formating for the bar graph so when next months data is added it'll adjust and apply the colour depeding on the range of the number such as if its below 333 it'll be green, if its between 334-666 amber and between 667 -1000 red.

I've attached an image to help with my terrible explaination. 😄 Buttons and Bookmarks.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors