Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CCE_Dave
Frequent Visitor

Show customers without sales entry

Hello,

I need your help in a table visual. I want to show all customers with their sales for the last past two years. As a base I use a customer database and a sales history. In the modell are also some other dimension tables but I think they are not neceassary in this issue.

The visual in my report looks like:

Customer - Country - Sales ACT - Sales LY - Margin ACT - Margin LY 

That's working but it doesn't show customers without any entry in my sales history. I tried the "show items with no data" function but it isn't working because then it shows one customers multiple in all available countries. (So customer A is located in Germany but then I have an entry with this customer also in Belgium, France, Spain etc.)

How can I show all customers regardless if they have an entry in my sales history file?

Let me know if you need more information.

Best regards

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
CCE_Dave
Frequent Visitor

Hi guys,

Thank you for your help! In the meantime, I have discovered the error. You were right, the error was in the data model. The connection between my customer data, the history data and a help table with different countries/markets was incorrect. The table with my countries/markets had a wrong connection to my customer data. 

That was the reason why "Show item without data" didn't work and showed me a customer with all available countries. ^^"

Thanks, the topic can be closed.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
CCE_Dave
Frequent Visitor

Hi guys,

Thank you for your help! In the meantime, I have discovered the error. You were right, the error was in the data model. The connection between my customer data, the history data and a help table with different countries/markets was incorrect. The table with my countries/markets had a wrong connection to my customer data. 

That was the reason why "Show item without data" didn't work and showed me a customer with all available countries. ^^"

Thanks, the topic can be closed.

Pradeep2
Helper I
Helper I

would need to understand the schema that you are working. definetly something wrong with the transformation part.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

"show items with no data"  is a valid approach. Something must be happening in your data model that prevents this from working properly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors