Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

naga449
Frequent Visitor

Sharing screen shot of Power Bi report through mail with Row level security(RLS)

Hi Community,

Could you please help, if there is any way to share the screenshot of the Power bi report to users through email  with row-level security,

I know we can send screenshots of the dashboard through the mail using Subscriptions. But I want to share the screenshot of a report with RLS applied to that dataset.

Thanks,

Naga Karthik,

2 REPLIES 2
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @naga449 

There are two ways to share the report with RLS to others .

(1)You can subscribe your report to others in Service .

Ailsamsft_0-1627351908458.png

(2)You can also share your report directly to others in Service .But pay attention to the access and licenses .

Access- If you just want others to view your report , you only grant them read access .When you share the report ,you can see the access settings in Share pane .If you give edit access to users ,RLS will not work .

Ailsamsft_1-1627351908461.png

License-the user that want to view your shared report need a Pro license or your shared report must be in Premium capacity .

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@naga449 

You can click View as Role and take and screenshot and send but this is not the best way to do it. You should think of providing a license and apply RSL.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-admin-rls

Check this option as well, it uses report link filter paramters

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-url-filters

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors