Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

rahulstomar08
Frequent Visitor

Sharing chart along with underlying data via email using Power Automate

Hi all,
Can I share the tile and its underlying data via email using Power Automate? Currently, I can share the whole report in PDF, but I want to share a tile along with its underlying data.

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
rahulstomar08
Frequent Visitor

yes I'm talking about exporting underlying data along with chart on a scheduled basis.

Well If you have the visual on a single page and you know the DAX behind the visual (you can get it from the Performance Analyzer), then you might be able to build a big Power Automate Flow that would export to PDF de visual and executeQueries for the dataset and render a csv like the following example:

Exporting to csv: https://www.datalineo.com/post/using-power-automate-to-run-dax-queries-against-your-power-bi-datase...

Storing on sharepoint: https://www.fourmoo.com/2022/06/15/exporting-a-power-bi-visual-data-to-a-csv-file-in-sharepoint/

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Hi @ibarrau 

By using the above method (i.e. DAX query using performance analyzer) we can only share the data shown in the visual. But I want to send the underlying data.

Is there any workaround for this?

Thanks!

Hi. By the above method you can query whatever data you want with the DAX query. The idea of getting that from the performance analyzer is an example of getting the data from the visual. You can build any query you want. The important thing are the links that will let you build the trigger.

You can open DAX Studio and connect the Desktop or premium model. Start querying the data untill you have what you want to send. Then just build it.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. I don't think you can do that. The API doesn't have an option to export a single tile. PowerAutomate will just use the API. If you just want to share a single visualization you might need a page on the report with the visual and export that one to pdf. That might be an approach.

I hope that helps,

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Hi @ibarrau, Thanks for your reply.
If I have only one visual on my page then is it possible to send that visual and its underlying data in the same mail using power automate?
Note: If the chart is a bar chart, then the bar chart along with its underlying data must be shared via mail.

I mean. You are building a new Page with the visual you want. You can add whatever you want. I'm not sure what you mean with underlying data. It's just a pdf. If it's a table you can show a table on the pdf.

If underlying data for you it's an excel then you might want to read about exporting data to excel or the executeQueries request of the API.

I hope that helps,

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors