Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Daemetius
Helper II
Helper II

Sharing a report to everyone inside the organization without having to add them individually?

Hello, I'm trying to share a PowerBi report publicly within the organization only. I do not see an option that allows me to share it to everyone like in sharepoint online which has "Everyone except external"

Is there a way to add everyone in the company without having to write each email individually? There are around 8,500 employees...which is a lot.

Note: I am aware of the distribution groups and security groups that can be used to share in bulk. We have security groups that have all the employees in them, but they are not cloud based security groups, they are of type Window Server AD because we register these users on-prem and then it replicates them to the cloud. 

So I cannot use these ones in PowerBi web, which would be ideal.

Is there any other way to do it that doesn't require adding these employees to an actual Cloud based security group of sort? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuaj-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Daemetius ,

Good news! A new sharing capability in Power BI that will allow reports to be shared via links in addition to direct access sharing will be introduced in Power BI at the end of this month.

The feature will allow users to generate shareable links for:

• People in your organization (excludes guest users)
  • People with existing access
  • Specific people

Please refer to the related introduction:

New sharing experience coming soon! | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI
I think it will meet to your needs. Please look forward to!

Hope that's what you were looking for.

Best Regards,

Yuna

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
space83
Helper IV
Helper IV

this is weekness of power bi services which need to address by developer.

i also got same issue. its waste time if i need to key in all user email in my organization just to share the report.

to create app is not a best solutions. it cause additional works need to do.

i think to share report to entire staff in organization should be easy, but it not happened.

v-yuaj-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Daemetius ,

Good news! A new sharing capability in Power BI that will allow reports to be shared via links in addition to direct access sharing will be introduced in Power BI at the end of this month.

The feature will allow users to generate shareable links for:

• People in your organization (excludes guest users)
  • People with existing access
  • Specific people

Please refer to the related introduction:

New sharing experience coming soon! | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI
I think it will meet to your needs. Please look forward to!

Hope that's what you were looking for.

Best Regards,

Yuna

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Finally! Thank you!

Hi @Daemetius ,

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, kindly Accept it as the solution. More people will benefit from it. Or you are still confused about it, please provide me with more details about your problem.

Best Regards,

Yuna

NimaiAhluwalia
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hello @Daemetius 

If you want to share with so many people in your organization and cannot use security groups as you specified then the best option will be to create a report and then make an app for it and share it with your organization.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-create-distribute-apps

IF MY SOLUTION HELPED YOU PLEASE DO HIT A LIKE AND ACCEPT IT AS A SOLUTION IF IT SOLVES YOUR ERROR!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors