Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

MbProg
Helper II
Helper II

Sharing a dashboard shows all other reports to ther user

I have a question: I want to share a specific dashboard with a user. But just this dashboard. But when I share it and the user clicks on it, he can see all other reports of the dataset. 

What have I to do to restrict the user to just this dashboard or just to a specific report

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@MbProg The end user will see all the reports attached to the tiles in a specific dashboard.

If you want a different dashboard for that user/set of users, you would need to create a new one in which you could edit the tiles of the reports you don't want him to see, to re-direct to either the main dashboard URL, or to the report he should have access to.

You can re-direct a tile to any location by clicking on the elipses "..." and "Tile Details" and setting a custom URL as the re-direct location, rather than the default location.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

@MbProg The end user will see all the reports attached to the tiles in a specific dashboard.

If you want a different dashboard for that user/set of users, you would need to create a new one in which you could edit the tiles of the reports you don't want him to see, to re-direct to either the main dashboard URL, or to the report he should have access to.

You can re-direct a tile to any location by clicking on the elipses "..." and "Tile Details" and setting a custom URL as the re-direct location, rather than the default location.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.