Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

[Sharing Outside Organization] Invitation code is Invalid

I am facing a problem where I create a report for my clients and trying to share to them (outside organization.)

Most users that I shared with, everything went ok. However, only one user have problem cannot accept my invitation as seen below. [Everyone has Power BI Pro]

Invitation Code Invalid.jpg

I just wonder what can be the caused and how to fix it. 

Thank you in advance

Supanut

9 REPLIES 9
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

How did you share report with this client? Directly copy the shared link and send to him or click the share button and add his email address? Please check whether his account is listed in the "Access" tab.

Was this client a direct recipient that you shared with? That is to say, he click the link you shared with him rather than got the link from other recipients.

Was this client able to view the report shared by others?

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

I am having this same issue, has there been any updates?

I shared the report by clicking the share button and adding his email address. His account is listed in the access tab and beside it still shows ' cancel invite'.

He was a direct receipient. He clicked the link directly from his mail inbox.

Not sure what you mean, he's completely unable to view the report.

Thanks,

Dan

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dcmathes :  i am also facing the same did you solve it?

Nothing yet. I am confident this is a microsoft issue... waiting for an official response from them.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dcmathes : do you use external b2b users who are having the gmail or hot mail . Is there any possible way to share the reports to gmail accounts?

@Anonymous No they definitely need a microsoft personal or O365 account.

We solved the issue by the way, it had to do with multiple emails for the same person in active directory.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dcmathes : so you are saying that for same person we should have only one email in the active directory so that it solves the issue?.

can you share the steps like how did you solve this please ?

@Anonymous I'm saying check your active directory, the issue most likely lives in there. 

For us, the user we were trying to invite was already in our active directory, but under a outlook.com email address, instead of their office365 client.com address. Once I deleted the outlook.com email from our AD, and resent the power bi invitation, it solved the issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dcmathes : Thanks for your answer

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors