Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

alfBI
Helper III
Helper III

Sharepoint Online enterprise gateway

Dear all,

We are facing an strange problems regardinng Gateway when combining Sharepoint online sources and web content in the same document. 

I will try to explain:

We started creating the PBI file using a Sharepoint online file as a source. Once we uploaded the dataset to the service there was no need to configure tany connection on the gateway as expected.

On a second step we added a web Data Source to obtain additional data (it connects to a rest api to retrieve json data)

Once we upload this second version of the file the Gateway settings of the dataset does appears as shown below.

We expected the to see the Web connection there, but why now the sharepoint online connection does appear here? 

alfBI_0-1658416860409.png

I have ignored the sharepoint connections and the dataset seems to refresh fine but I don't undertand why PBI service identify the Sharepoint Online as a candidate for the Gateway.

Does it take any sense? It's a bug?

Thanks,

Alfons

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @alfBI 

At this point your case is a merged data source. On the Dataset settings page for the new dataset:

• For the on-premises source, select the gateway associated with this data source.
  • Under Data source credentials, edit the cloud data source credentials, as necessarvzhangti_0-1658823328127.png

You can choose whether to check this box according to your needs.

For reference: Merge or append on-premises and cloud data sources - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @alfBI 

At this point your case is a merged data source. On the Dataset settings page for the new dataset:

• For the on-premises source, select the gateway associated with this data source.
  • Under Data source credentials, edit the cloud data source credentials, as necessarvzhangti_0-1658823328127.png

You can choose whether to check this box according to your needs.

For reference: Merge or append on-premises and cloud data sources - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @alfBI 

This is because if you wanted to, you could refresh the SharePoint connections via the Gateway. You dont have to but it would work too.

It is just giving you multiple options!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors