Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sdjensen
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Shared report not removed after report is deleted

Hi,

I previously created a pbix file with a dataset and a report in the same file and published this to my personal workspace. I then shared the report with a colleague. It was a static report and no data refresh was implemted on the dataset.

I have now deleted this report and dataset from my own Power BI, but the report is still shared with my colleague and I can't find how I unshare this deleted report/dataset.

How can I delete it from my colleagues Power BI?

/sdjensen
1 REPLY 1
nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @sdjensen,

I just tested some things and when I followed your steps (delete the report+dataset), the report also disappeared from the shared user's workspace.

So unless that user copied the report somewhere else, or made a report on that dataset, the (link to that original) report is also gone in other workspaces.

If this is still not the case, could you elaborate a bit more, maybe with screenshots showing the report/settings?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors