Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Victormar
Helper IV
Helper IV

SharePoint Online Lists Implementation 2.0

Hi all,

I am trying to create some dataflows on the service, as moving some Power Query stuff I have done in Desktop. My main question is that I can't find how to define the implementation when creating a dataflow, as if I do with the 1.0 I have problems with timezone.

Is it possible to choose the implementation when creating a dataflow?

Victormar_0-1657114438030.png

Thanks in advance 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
otravers
Community Champion
Community Champion

I just tested it and creating a SharePoint Online list query in a dataflow doesn't specify the implementation version, but it is accepting an explicit 2.0 query pasted from Power BI Desktop. Here's the difference in the Source step:

SharePoint.Tables("https://yourdomain.sharepoint.com/", [Implementation="2.0", ViewMode="Default"])

Values accepted for Implementation are null and 2.0, looks like null means 1.0. Dataflow queries created with the UI don't specify Implementation at all, Power BI Desktop do.
------------------------------------------------
1. How to get your question answered quickly - good questions get good answers!
2. Learning how to fish > being spoon-fed without active thinking.
3. Please accept as a solution posts that resolve your questions.
BI Blog: Datamarts | RLS/OLS | Dev Tools | Languages | Aggregations | XMLA/APIs | Field Parameters | Custom Visuals

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
otravers
Community Champion
Community Champion

I just tested it and creating a SharePoint Online list query in a dataflow doesn't specify the implementation version, but it is accepting an explicit 2.0 query pasted from Power BI Desktop. Here's the difference in the Source step:

SharePoint.Tables("https://yourdomain.sharepoint.com/", [Implementation="2.0", ViewMode="Default"])

Values accepted for Implementation are null and 2.0, looks like null means 1.0. Dataflow queries created with the UI don't specify Implementation at all, Power BI Desktop do.
1. How to get your question answered quickly - good questions get good answers!
2. Learning how to fish > being spoon-fed without active thinking.
3. Please accept as a solution posts that resolve your questions.
BI Blog: Datamarts | RLS/OLS | Dev Tools | Languages | Aggregations | XMLA/APIs | Field Parameters | Custom Visuals

That worked really good! Thanks 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors