Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Share dataset from PPU workspace to PRO workspace

Hello,

I have a question about PPU workspaces. I know, according to power BI documentation that a PRO user cannot see the content in a PPU workspace. Nevertheless, can a PRO user connect from a PRO workspace to a shared dataset or dataflow that is stored in a PPU workspace?

My first guess is no because it could be considered like a PRO user is accesing content in a PPU workspace no matter that the PRO user isn't accesing directly to the PPU workspace.

I hope I made myself clear.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @Anonymous ,

the simple answer is NO.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Kudy
Helper I
Helper I

Hi, 
an additional question because I am in the same type of situation: Can PPU user share his reports (created from PPU dataflows/datamarts, located in PPU workspace) with Pro users in Pro workspace?

I tried doing it and it worked, but i read somewhere that this would violate the PPU-license

Hey @Kudy ,

please describe exactly what you are doing.

Regards,

Tom

I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

We are two BI-developers in the organization who have PPU license and the rest have Pro license. 
So we are using this model: Dataflows -> Datamart -> Dataset -> Reports  and this model requires PPU workspace (because of Datamarts feature). 

If I share the created report in the same PPU workspace then everyone in my organization needs to update to PPU license.

But in order to save money, I want to share the created report in PRO workspace, and am wondering if it is against the rules? (but it worked) 

TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @Anonymous ,

the simple answer is NO.

Regards,

Tom

I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors