Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

YinchuanMO
Frequent Visitor

Share a dashboard or report outside organization

Hello guys,

I would like to know if it is possible to share a dashboard or report outside organization with a pro trial account ?

I have tested multi times but it seems not available for a trial ?

If not, are there other solutions to share a report outside organization (like purchase a pro license)? Because we want to use this function for our clients who will have multiple email domains.

Rly thanks for ur help !

10 REPLIES 10
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@YinchuanMO 

The users you want to share with must also have Pro license. 

To share with external users. Please scroll down to read the detail:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-share-dashboards#share-a-dashboard-or-report-with-...

And make sure your company have enabled the function of sharing with externals.

Share with externals.JPG

Best regards 
Paul Zheng

Hi@V-pazhen-msft 

We will purchase pro license for our clients and developers soon. 

But for the part of admin portal of my account, I can't find the same parameter and information as shown below:

Snipaste_2020-03-06_11-26-06.png

The account we used to share report (not the same on in community) seems to be the first one of our organization, but it hasn't the authority of admin ( maybe because it has a trial pro license which is different from a real pro licencse ?) And I checked the other accounts of our organization, they don't have it either. So does the company need to be confirmed by Microsoft first to have an admin account ? If not, how can we to do apply one ?

Rly thanks for ur help ! 

Best,

Yinchuan

@YinchuanMO 

To get access to Power BI Admin Portal, your account needs to be marked as a Global Admin in Office 365/Azure Active Directory, or have been assigned the Power BI service administrator role.

Office 365 Global admin is a role, you would purchase Microsoft business subscription.

Please refer to: Admin roles in O365.

For Power Bi Admin, please check:

Understanding the Power BI admin role

Power BI admin portal

If you have any questions about Office 365, I would suggest you post a question here.

Best regards
Paul Zheng

@V-pazhen-msft Hi sir,

Sorry to disturb you again, our trial period is coming to an end, but we still have a question about license. As a small company, we dont have Microsoft business subscription and Office 365/Azure Active Directory, our goal is to share reports with customers of external organizations which is not possible with a trial account (cause we don't have a Power BI service administrator role). So we are not sure if only purchasing pro license can meet our needs. 

I really appreciate your help and look forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Yinchuan MO

@YinchuanMO 

You cannot purchase Power BI pro without being the Global administrator or Billing administrator role in Microsoft 365. You must register as O365 user and then you are able to purchase and assign Pro licences in O365 admin center. 

For how to get and register Office 365 business you can post questions here.
Once its done, you can purchase Power BI license:  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-admin-purchasing-power-bi-pro

Paul Zheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @V-pazhen-msft ,

Thanks for your reply. It's more clear now. And I just want to comfirm that without Microsoft business subscription and Office 365/Azure Active Directory, is there any other way to get the Power BI service administrator role (like only purchased in Power BI ?).

Best,

Yinchuan MO

KBO
MVP

Hi @YinchuanMO ,

do you know this Link: https://radacad.com/power-bi-sharing-methods-comparison-all-in-one-review

Best,

Kathrin

If this post has helped you, please give it a thumbs up!
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

@KBO Rly thanks for ur reply.

As a small company, we dont have the Azure B2B service to shared report as a app. Is there any other methode to share to someone outside organization ?

Hi @YinchuanMO ,

you can embedded your report in Teams add the costumer and share it there? (same for sharepoint)

Or simly share the .pbix 😄 but I think that is not the way you will walk on?

Best,

Kathrin

If this post has helped you, please give it a thumbs up!
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Hi@KBO Sharing pbix seems not acceptable to our clients 😂

We will try Teams if we can't find other solution appropriate

Rly thanks for ur help!

Best regards,

Yinchuan

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors