Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

malpani
Helper I
Helper I

Share Power BI app with current filters and slicers

Hello Experts,

I created a Power BI app which house 3 published reports. I have 100s of users using this PBI app now.
From visuals point of view, it has few slicers and a Matrix with 40+ columns. After selecting values from slicers, it automatically filters Matrix (and its columns) but still it may not fit in the explorer window. Also, Matrix has conditional formatting.

We are looking for a way for users to filter data using slicers and share the same with others but with same slicer/filter value.
When they share with others, it should retain the filters/slicers value and shall not reset it to default value.

With Power BI app I don't see any option to 'Share' report with option 'Share report with current filters and slicers'.

This is causing a big problem as users not able to share specific data where they want audience attention.
Request quick help on this.

Also posted on PBI UG: https://www.pbiusergroup.com/discussion/share-power-bi-app-retaining-values-of-filtersslicers#bm0f6c...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
malpani
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @GilbertQ , 

Thanks for your repsonse. 

Meanwhile, as an alternate I discovered, 'Comment' feature could be used to share report filtered view with the audience. 

After filtering to desired view, you can use 'Comment' feature to tag users, group of users. 

Until we have share feature in Power Bi app, I think this could be used as an alterate.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
malpani
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @GilbertQ , 

Meanwhile, as an alternate I discovered, 'Comment' feature could be used to share report filtered view with the audience. 

After filtering to desired view, you can use 'Comment' feature to tag users, group of users. 

Until we have share feature in Power Bi app, I think this could be used as an alterate.

Hi @malpani 

Yes you are 100% right that it can work too!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @malpani 

When using an App it is for read only purposes for each user. This is currently how it is designed so there is no way to share with what you are askin for.

You can vote for an idea to get this changed at https://ideas.powerbi.com

Power BI Blog

Hi @GilbertQ , 

Hi @GilbertQ , 

Thanks for your quick reply. 

I tried using bookmark from here. I created bookmark which has a custom URL and shared it with others but seems like it for personal use only. 

When I shared with external audience it reset to default view.

malpani_1-1673608589174.png

Is it then possible to share the custom link generated here and share it with others.

Hi @malpani 

As far as I know it is not currently possible to share an external filter from an app at this time.

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors