Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Xxeu911
Regular Visitor

Share Power BI Dashboard With External Users

Hi,

I've built a Power BI application and would like to share it with external users of my organisation. I followed all the steps from this guide https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/guidance/whitepaper-azure-b2b-power-bi#case-study-buildin... and my client accepted the invitation received from Azure AD : 

Xxeu911_0-1684866172622.png

However since he is already signed in to his office account, he's apparently unable to log in with the shared app and it auto redirects him to his Microsoft existing account and doesn't show the app. 

Would highly appreciate any tips on this one!

KR,

Clément

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Xxeu911 

What happens when he logs into his Power BI Tenant and then clicks on "From external orgs"?

GilbertQ_0-1684877880807.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi @GilbertQ ,

I've asked I'll let you know when I get an answer. Meantime I was thinking maybe I'm doing a mistake here, let me explain :

When I added my client into Azure AD as a guest user (using his office email address) it created a user of the following format Name_Client.com#EXT#@mydomain.onmicrosoft.com. Once he accepts the invitation, he is supposed to create a new password and then use this account to sign in and see the application I'm sharing right? Forgive my lack of knowledge here but I'm not an Azure expert haha.

Thanks!

Hi @Xxeu911 

Once you have created the Guest user, the user will log in as he normally does, you do not have to worry about how he logs in (That is managed by Azure for you)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors