Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dge7009
Frequent Visitor

Setting dashboard from Power BI app as favorite

We are trying to figure out how are users who have pulled down a published app can make one of the dashboards within that app a favorite? The favorite and set as featured dashboard options dont seem to be available on dashboards that are acquired via a bundled app. Are we missing something? If not, is this coming?

4 REPLIES 4
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @dge7009

You can do this once you have got the App, if you hover your mouse over the App name it will shrink a bit and then there is the option to add as a favorite, as you can see below.

Email Pic.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hey there.. Thanks for the quick response. We did notice the ability to favorite the app but we are more interested in favoring the dashboards within that app like you would be able to do with a dashboard in any other workspace. We want people who consume the app to be able to set as favorite, or set as featured, a dashboard within that app. Doesnt seem like it is possible.

Do you know if that is something that will be incorporated?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am interested in the same thing.  Has anyone figured this out?  I want a user with permissions to an App to have the ability to favorite one of the many dashboards in an App.  Is this not possible?  Since it appears we have been told to use Apps we have been setting up everything with this in mind thinking the App would be a place for users to see a group of related reports and dashboards (similar to SSRS) but they would not want to dig through them all every time.  There would probably only be one or two of them they would be interested in within the App.

Hi there setting it as a favorite as shown above is the same that you can do when you are in the actual App Dashboard. The only thing that appears to be missing is that you cannot set it as a featured dashboard.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors